Discount on Professional Development Program
University of Southern Maine (USM) Non-Credit Classes
AFFILIATE DISCOUNT: Benefits-eligible employees regularly working 18.75 hours or more per week are eligible to receive a 50% tuition reduction on undergraduate or graduate degree courses and a 20% discount on the workshop fee for any USM Professional Development (PDP) course(s) described at usm.maine.edu/pdp.
- If you are an eligible City of Portland employee who wants to take a course of personal interest and pay for it on your own:
- You will receive a 20% discount when you enroll and pay for the PDP class.
- Call Human Resources at (207) 874-8624 to confirm eligibility and to receive the 20% discount code.
- To enroll, set up a Customer Profile on PDP and enroll in the class of your choice. enrole.com/usmmaine/jsp/login.jsp
- When prompted, apply the discount code that HR provided you to the shopping cart.
- You must pay with a credit card before checking out to secure your seat in class.
- If you are an eligible City of Portland employee and want to take an approved career-related course and your department has agreed to pay for this course:
- The employee or department manager begins by contacting Human Resources for approval and cooordination, Diane Doane or Kathy Vosmus can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 874-8624.
- The HR Department coordinates registration of the employee directly with USM.
- Once the employee is registered, USM will send an email to the employee confirming enrollment.
- If the City of Portland employee does not complete the course, with completion defined by USM, he or she will be responsible for repaying the City of Portland the cost of the PDP within 60 business days of the last scheduled class in the PDP course.